Brief Note on Architecture Wing
The Architecture Wing came into existence in the year 1954 with officers and staff from the CPWD being deputed for planning of the New Township of Bilaspur. Thereafter in the year 1989 this wing has had its own Head, & looking after all the Government building design of the state.
The two branch offices of Senior Architect, Dharamshala & Senior Architect Mandi become operational subsequently in the years 1995 & 1997 respectively.
Over the years the wing has planned and designed Residential, Institutional & Public buildings with both contemporary & vernacular style as per available building material time to time.
Presently the wing is planning, designing & detailing of more than 1134 projects in addition to 735 No. Deposit Works.